Our response to Covid-19
27 March, 2020
In light of the Coronavirus outbreak, we have put the following provisions in place to ensure we are prepared for the challenges ahead. These systems are put in place to protect staff and services users, whilst also trying to make sure our operations has as little disruption as possible and still preforms to the highest standard.
• We have organised rotas for remote/office working - splitting teams to ensure that we minimise potential disruption
• In accordance with guidelines, we have implemented hygiene standards and have displayed notices identifying those who should self-isolate rather than come into our Centres
• Our aspire2work study programme will operate remotely for learners who do not need to attend their Centre (see point below)
• Our Centres remain open for those who still need to be able to attend the aspire2work programme (for example those who have parents/carers identified as key workers)
• We have written to all parents/carers to let them know what the provisions are for each learner
Employability & Skills Programmes
• Our programmes are running in each area but have been adapted to provide assistance remotely where possible.
• Our Shine Careers Service is working flexibly with our schools to continue to provide remote personal guidance.
Temporary Opening Times – Centres are open for normal hours (8am – 4.30 pm) but on a reduced number of days.
Bradford Opportunity Centre - Open Monday to Thursday
Leeds Opportunity Centre - Open Tuesday & Wednesday each week
Wakefield, Dewsbury & Hull Opportunity Centres - Open Tuesday and Wednesday
Barkerend Skills Centre, Scarborough & York Opportunity Centres - Closed from end of today until further notice
If you have any queries, please call: 0330 111 0035 Monday – Thursday.
Or email: OpportunityCentre@aspire-igen.com
Related News ArticlesSee all
Aspire-igen launches lockdown challenge to raise money for Childline
Graduate2work report shows positive impact on graduates in the Bradford area
©2016, All rights reserved Aspire-igen Group.