Creating career pathways for young people
Accelerate is a programme for young people aged 15 to 24 years old who are: • not in education, employment or training • or at risk of disengaging from education, employment and training, creating career pathways for young people through regulated & non-regulated learning, employability skills training and work experience.
We deliver in schools and community settings in York, Craven, Harrogate, Selby, Wakefield and Calderdale and across the Humber.
What does it involve?
Each participant will be allocated a key support worker who will be on hand to make sure that the programme is tailored to their individual requirements. Activities undertaken will closely relate to the participant’s aspirations and interests The programme includes:
- Regulated and non-regulated learning
- Work experience
- Employability skills training
- IAG and progression planning
- Key worker intensive support
The programme is geared towards forming a pathway leading to a traineeship, apprenticeship, work or education. In each area it is closely aligned with Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Skills Plans.
Benefits of Accelerate
- Personal support every step of the way
- Clear vision for each participant leading to a pathway suited to the individual’s career aspirations
- Increased employability and digital skills
- Skills and knowledge built through vocational training
©2016, All rights reserved Aspire-igen Group.