What courses are available?
- Level 1 Diploma in Construction
- Level 2 BTEC Level 1/ Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment
What will my course cover?
Level 1 Diploma in Construction
The course will cover:
- Producing a timber product
- Decorating household goods
- Developing home improvement skills
- Manual Handling
- Developing bricklaying skills
- Developing joinery skills
- Developing plastering skills
- Developing construction painting skills
- Health & Safety and Starting work in construction
Level 2 BTEC Level 1/ Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment
The course will cover:
- Exploring Carpentry and Joinery Principles and Techniques
- Exploring Painting and Decorating Principles and Techniques
- Carpentry and Joinery Operations
- Brickwork and Blockwork Operations
- Painting and Paperhanging Operations
- Construction Technology
- Construction Design
- Scientific and mathematical Applications for Construction
- Sustainability in Construction
Where can I complete this course?
This course is available in Bradford, Leeds & Wakefield.
What careers could I progress into?
It could lead to a career as a:
- Building Control Surveyor
- Maintenance Operative
- Painter and Decorator
Sarah first joined the aspire2work programme with aspirations to complete her Level 1 Certificate in Construction. Whilst on the programme, she achieved not only this, but her Functional Skills in maths, GCSE English; plus a range of other non-accredited certificates in various trade areas. Sarah has now successfully gained a Traineeship with a national construction firm.
The aspire2work study programme is for those aged 16-19 (although unfortunately we can't accept anyone who turns 19 before 1st August 2020) or up to 24 with an EHCP.
If you're ready to apply, that's great! Please download the application form (right click and Save target as) and return it to email@example.com. An Enrolment Officer will be in touch to confirm your place and advise you on what happens next.
UNSURE WHICH COURSE IS FOR YOU?
Call or email Hayley Lomas (07970 firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your options or fill in the form below.
©2016, All rights reserved Aspire-igen Group.