What courses are available?
- Level 1 Diploma in Practical Horticulture Skills
- Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture Skills
What will my course cover?
- Identifying and sowing varied seeds
- Clutivating land and applying fertiliser
- Determining pH and soil testing kits
- Planting bulbs and creating hanging baskets
- Maintaining wooden structures
- Construct and maintain boundaries
- Health & safety
- Dry Stone Walling
- Identifying tools and maintaining them
- Identify trees/weeds/pests/disease
Where can I complete this course?
This course is available in Wakefield.
What careers could I progress into?
It could lead to a career as a:
- Nature Conservation Officer
- Rural Surveyor
- Tree Surgeon
Nathan had just moved to the area when he visited aspire2work, he was low in confidence and ability and wanted to make a fresh start. Nathan worked hard to achieve his Level 1 qualification in Practical Environmental Conservation, as well as improving his English and maths. He also realised new found confidence, which has aided his progression onto a higher level course at a local college.
©2016, All rights reserved Aspire-igen Group.