What courses are available?
- Level 1 Diploma in Practical Horticulture Skills
- Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture Skills
What will my course cover?
- Identifying and sowing varied seeds
- Clutivating land and applying fertiliser
- Determining pH and soil testing kits
- Planting bulbs and creating hanging baskets
- Maintaining wooden structures
- Construct and maintain boundaries
- Health & safety
- Dry Stone Walling
- Identifying tools and maintaining them
- Identify trees/weeds/pests/disease
Where can I complete this course?
This course is available in Wakefield.
What careers could I progress into?
It could lead to a career as a:
- Nature Conservation Officer
- Rural Surveyor
- Tree Surgeon
Nathan had just moved to the area when he visited aspire2work, he was low in confidence and ability and wanted to make a fresh start. Nathan worked hard to achieve his Level 1 qualification in Practical Environmental Conservation, as well as improving his English and maths. He also realised new found confidence, which has aided his progression onto a higher level course at a local college.
The aspire2work study programme is for those aged 16-19 (although unfortunately we can't accept anyone who turns 19 before 1st August 2020) or up to 24 with an EHCP.
If you're ready to apply, that's great! Please download the application form (right click and Save target as) and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. An Enrolment Officer will be in touch to confirm your place and advise you on what happens next.
UNSURE WHICH COURSE IS FOR YOU?
Call or email Hayley Lomas (07970 email@example.com) to discuss your options or fill in the form below.
©2016, All rights reserved Aspire-igen Group.