Intercultural Competence Training for Trainers and Advisers in the field of Professional Orientation.
In the frame of this project we will develop an innovative training in the field of professional orientation to meet specific needs in intercultural competence for trainers, advisers, social workers and contact persons within companies who are in direct contact with immigrants.
Immigrants are a disadvantaged group on the European labour market and professional (re-) integration of immigrants is a major challenge. The focus of the (re-) integration policy of immigrants can be found in active labour market measures, in particular in the field of professional orientation. Because of the lack of interculturally competent staff in this field it is not possible to utilise these services and resources properly. Intercultural competencies move into the centre of interest (European Commission, 2004).
The project developed:
- A training programme structured on a modular basis divided into face to face- and blended learning units and project work consisting of research (interviews with immigrants) and a self-perception phase
- Training materials and a training manual
- An “immigrant interview guideline” for the project work
- A database for topics on European migration and nationally specific information
- A handbook for all professionals who work with immigrants
- A CD-Rom for the training programme, training material and a manual as well as the handbook
The training programme and the material have been tested in a certified pilot course.
This new additional qualification will strengthen the dialogue between trainers, advisers, social workers and participants in training as well as the work of contact persons in companies. It will optimise the personal advice of services and the interdisciplinary communication between all the participants that are involved in the process of (re-) integration
©2016, All rights reserved Aspire-igen Group.