Creating career pathways for young people
Accelerate is a programme for young people aged 15 to 24 years old who are:
- not in education, employment or training or
- at risk of disengaging from education.
It is funded by the European Social Fund and the Education & Skills Funding Agency.
It creates career pathways for young people through regulated & non-regulated learning, employability skills training and work experience.
We deliver in York, Craven, Harrogate, Selby, Wakefield and Calderdale, East Riding, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire local authority areas.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
During the COVID-19 outbreak, we have adapted our programme to provide online digital learning and remote support.
Support for young people aged 16-24
Our programme will help you to create a career pathway and give you an opportunity to gain a recognised level 1 employability qualification through an online digital learning platform.
If you don’t have access to a computer or the internet, we also have 1-2-1 telephone support where you will also receive the following:
- Your very own dedicated key worker
- Distance learning support via web, chat, text or telephone
- Flexible hours of learning to suit your needs
- Employment Support - Help writing CVs & cover letters as well as assistance with interview preparation
- Next steps support to secure traineeships, apprenticeships, education or employment
Support for Students
We are opening up our digital services for students in year 10 and 11 (over 15 years of age) to support pressures in school in this current difficult time.
Year 10 - Engagement and support remotely with routines, structure and engagement during their studies.
Year 11 - Engagement and support remotely with routines, structure and engagement during their studies plus additional support to help students to secure next positive destinations and career aspirations.
We will offer a full wraparound support package around challenges and issues that may arise, but also to continue to keep up morale and engagement in education with students.
BENEFITS OF ACCELERATE
- Personal support every step of the way
- Clear vision for each participant leading to a pathway suited to the individual’s career aspirations
- Increased employability and digital skills
- Skills and knowledge built through vocational training
©2016, All rights reserved Aspire-igen Group.